What do you like to do during Spring Break? Do you like to go on a vacation with your family or do you like to stay home? We lean toward staying home because it makes Spring Break go by slower.
With that said, I do not like to have bored kids home with me for a week straight. The goal is to try to plan out some fun things during the week. Here are some kid tested fun things you could look into doing with your kiddos!
Free Things To Do
1. Go to a park. I plan to give this new park in Saginaw a try: Willow Creek Station. Dream Park is pretty great if you have not been there yet.
2. Go for a hike. Here are some location ideas: Eagle Mountain Park, Fort Worth Nature Center (not free but nice), Mineral Wells State Park (also not free), and Airfield Falls- it even has sidewalks if you need to push a stroller :)
3. Go to a museum. Many of the museums have Spring Break Events. For example, the Kimbell Art Museum has a Spring Break Art Extravaganza. I went to this last year and my kids had a great time doing the different art projects they had available.
4. Plan a play date. It is hard to get together with friends during the school year. Plan some time for your kids to spend time with some friends.
5. Check out your public library. Our local library has 3 things on the calendar for the week of Spring Break and I bet yours, or one somewhat close to you, does too!
Not Free Things
Not everything is free :) But here are some family favorites of things that cost a little (or a lot)
1. The Fort Worth Botanic Gardens will have their Butterflies in the Garden Event during spring break week. This is fun for your bug lover :) ( If you have one... I do!)
2. The Fort Worth Zoo is always a good time.
3. Michaels has a craft event for the whole week of Spring Break. (At least mine in Lake Worth does). It is $3 per kid to make a fun craft that is planned by someone other than mom. My little artsy girls love this :)
4. Urban Air or Main Event are some great places to go let your kids blow off some steam. My kids regularly beg to go to these two places.
Wanna Stay Home?
Some people are trying to keep away from the crowds as much as possible due to the fear of illness.
For you guys, here are...
20 Things to do at home:
-Look for bugs in the back yard
-Do a craft
-Do a science project
-Bake a cake
-Do some spring cleaning
-Play in the sprinkler
-Draw with side walk chalk
-Play with playdough
-Have a movie night with pop corn
-Have a game night
-Build a fort
-Build something with legos
-Try a new skill- mine just started to teach herself to sew
-In home spa day
-Send your kids out to the back yard for a while. They will think of something to do.
-Try a puzzle
-Sleep in and watch cartoons.
These should keep you busy on Monday :)
I am a girl mom so I am more in touch with things girls like to do.
Most of all, use Spring Break as a time to relax and spend quality time together!